Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Quick Update

I never feel like I have time to blog everything, but I at least like to do quick updates every now and then.....

It seems like things are settling down a bit at work. We're down several staff, but I put together a schedule that seems to work ok with everyones school schedules and family committments. We made offers to 2 people at a recent job fair, but one of them turned it down and the other has so many points on his record that we might not be able to hire him because he won't be covered by the company auto insurance.

I took the probation test for Orange County this weekend. If I make it, it'll be a big pay raise for me and a lot more opportunity for growth. It's a 6-12 month process to get in. Last time I went the whole year and only got through half of the steps before my application expired and I had to start over. Right now they're all on forced 6th and 7th days of overtime and they're opening a new campus in Orange that will need 100+ new staff in January so they're trying to speed up the process a bit. It's all very time consuming and want to contact pretty much anyone I've ever met for my background check. If you're reading this, don't be surprised if a questionaire about me shows up in your mail one day.

I really don't feel like going to work today. At least after my shift is done tonight, I'll have an easy shift full of meetings tomorrow morning and then it's off to see U2 at Staples Center tomorrow night. Woohoo!

My fantasy football team is doing good this year. Last year I went 3-14 and was the doormat during my first year in the league. I'm 5-3 right now and just took out the only undefeated team this week even with my best players out on bye weeks or injuries. A bunch of us from the league got together for lunch yesterday so I felt like king for a day...or an hour at least.

No comments: