Thursday, October 20, 2005

Look what I have created


Tonight was Back to School night. This classroom was bare when I entered it less than two weeks ago. I quickly had to figure out how to set up the class and get prepared to begin teaching 2nd grade at the same time. I am enjoying my long term sub job, although I am exhausted from it. I sort of felt as if I was thrown into the lions den without anything to protect myself with. I now will have very mixed feelings about when I will have to leave the class. I have already become attached to the students. I want to help them all and I dont feel as if I have enough time before I will be shuffled off to the next class to do anything of any significance in their lives. Anyhoo... Back to school night went okay for the most part. About half of the parents showed up and I had an opportunity to talk with each of them individually about what is happening with the class as well as what we are doing currently. I had grades out for them to see, our science project (making grass grow), our social studies project (kites, we are studying Ben Franklin) and a bunch of A+ papers. I am so sleepy now though so it is off to bed.

2 comments:

Darth said...

when you headline something look what i've created, you should really have some sort of mutant creature as the picture, not a classroom, its just cooler that way.

Moe said...

Keep up the good work Mrs.Lippy!