Monday, September 19, 2005

Random Thoughts

I had my 5 year anniversary at work recently and just got my evaluation. I got just about the maximum they could give me. The only "negative" on the whole thing is that I need to give others a little more work so I don't burn out. I've been feeling burnt out for a while so they're a bit late on that one.

We're still waiting to hear if Girls and Boy's Town is going to offer us a position or not. I don't mind waiting though since we're both torn on whether or not we want it. It would help us out big time because we'd be making twice what I do now, but without having to pay any rent, utilities, food, gas, etc. We could have kids and pets there too. The downside is that even though it's in SoCal, it is a missionary job. We wouldn't be able to leave for more than 8 hours on our "days off". That means most family and friends contact would be limited to whoever comes to visit us in Rancho Santa Marguerita. Any advice, comments, or prayers on this are much appreciated.

The Corpse Bride comes out this week! Two Tim Burton movies in 3 months is cool.

I've had the White Stipes song "My Doorbell" stuck in my head for about a week now.

I've been working on making the coolest jukebox in the world with iTunes. I had about 500 songs on the computer already...a lot of live or acoustic versions of songs. Now I'm adding everything decent off of our 450 cds. Let me know what songs you would have to have in perfect mix so I don't miss anything.

We're the high bidder on ebay for U2 tickets at Staples Center and Vegas in November. I'm pretty sure we'll be outbid, but you never know.

I won my first regular season fantasy football game in a year this week. Hopefully this season goes better than last year when I was 3-14 with a 12 game losing streak.

1 comment:

Moe said...

We may end up selling our floor GA tickets for the staples center if your intrested. How I wish I could see U2 in Vegas on my Birthday...but a lass no one wants to take on my 3 kids so I can go, there's that whole being broke thing too...ho hum.