Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Thunder, Lightening, Rain and Heat


Friday the 22nd I drove down to San Diego to help my mom get ready for her garage sale on Saturday. I got there and because of the heat wanted to leave immediately or at least stay in my car where the air conditioning is the wole weekend. My mom and I worked for a while and then went to Costco to pick up somethings we have been needing. Around 7:30pm my Aunt showed up with her 4runner full of stuff so we unloaded it and went to dinner at Red Robin. One of my favorite places to eat. Then it was already around 11pm so we decided to head home. While my mom and Robin went to bed I watched shows like Boy Meets World and Forensic Files that I dont usually get to see since we dont have cable.

I went to bed around 1am thinking I could snag a few hours of sleep before I had to get up, I was wrong. I dont think I slept for more than 10-15min at a time. The entire night it was
thundering and lightining. I would barely fall asleep before a flash of lightining would wake me up. At 4:30am I gave up and got up for the day. When I went outside at 5am It was pouring rain.

Lucky for us around 7am it let up and stopped for good. We had the garage sale but not as many people from TJ came as they normally would have so we still have a lot of stuff and are planning another one for the end of August to try and get rid of some more. We did make a little bit of money though. Erin came down for part of the sale and was able to get rid of a painting, ab exercise thingy, and their fooseball table. My mom also got rid of some bigger items an entertainment center, dryer, BBQ. The best part of the day was getting to see and hang with Erin for awhile. More on the rest of the weekend later.

2 comments:

Nick said...

So does this mean we can still fill up the 4-runner with our crap for the next one?!?!?

Cyn said...

Of course. We still have a garage full of stuff even though we sold a bunch, and everything Erin brought over she sold so you probably have a good shot at selling stuff too.