Friday, June 17, 2005

CRUNCH!


I was in a car accident on Thursday. No one was injured, thank goodness. A lady in a rental van and I were waiting at the intersection of Imperial and La Mirada to make a left onto La Mirada. We got a green light and the lady started to go and then stopped, however I had already started to go as well and couldnt stop as fast as she did. She asked me what happened and admitted to me she was looking down. As soon as it happened I turned on my hazard lights, turned off my engine and jumped out to make sure she was okay, she was sitting there talking on her cell phone, I stood there for close to 5 minutes while she finished her conversation and then she said why dont we go over there into the Starbucks parking lot I said sure. So I hopped into my car and we waited for the next green light, she passed the Starbucks lot and proceeded down to the Medical Building parking lot. Then she said she was going to call her husband, she wouldnt exchange info with me until he showed up, mean while I am late for my final for summer school. He showed up started calling the rental agency and their insurance company, did I mention he drove over with his two kids... anyways. She ran up to her office building with kids in tow to make copies while i sat around. When she came back she hadnt made copies of their paperwork. So back she went. Everytime she went up to her office it took her twenty min to a half hour to come back down. I was over an hour late for my class. Lucky for me the Prof. was cool about it. During our break I got the pleasure of calling our insurance company. Hopefully our rates wont get jacked to much... we both have spotless records. What a week. I am glad this one is over.

No comments: