Monday, May 02, 2005

The fun never ends.

Woo hoo! After 4 months they finally hired an overnight staff for me as well as 1 of the 2 day staff I need. Both of the new hires have plenty of experience in probation, but are just looking for jobs closer to home and with better pay. I've been able to cover all the shifts without having to beg for help from our main campus for all this time, but it was going to get bad this week when the second day staff leaves. All our other group homes have been freaking out about being down 1 staff so it's making me look better and better for handling things on my own.

My house hasn't had any major problems for a while. That either means I have a great staff who is keeping the boys on their toes or the kids are getting better at hiding things. I keep hearing rumors of things, but so far none of the stories have turned out to be anything. It comes and goes in these probation houses so I know our time will come around again at some point. Hopefully it won't be anything as bad as the house whose kids went AWOL and stole their van or the one with the 2 AWOLS who came back high on crystal meth. Good times.

No comments: